Explore the many spiritual opportunities open to you this Lenten season at St Paul Catholic Center! For more details, please see the most recent bulletin.
Daily reflection: Try using one of the Little Black Books (available in the Gathering Space, $1 suggested donation); you can also purchase a Kindle version here.
Daily Mass: Mon-Sat, 12:15 p.m.; Mon., Wed, Fri., 5:30 p.m.; Tues & Thurs., 9:00 p.m. (Except March 12 & 14)
Weekend Mass: Saturday Vigil, 4:30 p.m.; Sunday 8:30 a.m., 10:30 a.m., 12:30 p.m. (Spanish), 5:30 p.m., 9:00 p.m. (Except March 10); Saturday (Korean), 6:00 p.m., 1st & 3rd Saturdays
Eucharistic Adoration: 6:00 - 9:00 p.m., Monday through Thursday; 2:00 - 5:00 p.m., Friday.
(No adoration during Spring Break, Mar. 11-15)
Confession: Mon-Fri, 4:00-5:00 p.m. and Saturday, 3:00-4:00 p.m. Lenten Reconciliation Service:
Communal Penance Service, St Paul Catholic Center, Wednesday, April 17, 4:00-9:00 p.m. Word service followed by
Liturgy of the Hours: Monday-Friday in chapel: Morning Prayer, 8:30 a.m. ; Evening Prayer, 5:00 p.m.
Stations of the Cross: Peace & Justice, Friday, April 5, 6:15 p.m.; Good Friday (April 19), 3:00 p.m.
Lenten Cantata: "Canticle of the Cross," Friday, April 12, 7:00 p.m.
Lenten food drive: drop off grocery items for local food banks in the Gathering Space anytime from March 17 through April 14! Disposable diapers also appreciated. Help with sorting and sacking, Monday, April 22, 6:30 p.m., Higgins Hall.
Operation Rice Bowl: pick up your rice bowl in the Gathering Space and drop it off again on or after Easter!
Other options: HOPE fund, Catholic Charities, Interfaith Winter Shelter
- Give Something Up
- Prioritize Quiet
- No Snacking
- Technology Fasts
- Acts of Solidarity with the Poor
Faith Formation Activities
Opening the Word: A Parish Lenten Scripture Study
- Go to www.hoosiercatholic.formed.org
- Login or click "register" / Enter your name, email, desired password /
- Go to Study, then click on Opening the Word, Lent--Easter, Year C
- Join a small group or study at home
- Questions? Contact: Bridget (email@example.com)
- PDF with small group information here
Parish Day of Reflection: "Call to Holiness"
- Saturday, March 30, 8:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Facilitated by Fr. Vincent Davila, OP
- Lunch and childcare provided!
- Registration required (online registration here).
- PDF here
Before the Flood: Climate Change and Protecting God's Creation
- Friday, March 22, Higgins Hall
- Mass at 5:30 followed by light pitch-in dinner and movie
- More information here or PDF.
- Adult Choir: Thursdays, 7:00 p.m.
- College Choir: Sundays, 4:30 p.m.
- Instrumentalists: Always welcome!
- Contact Tim Gregson ( firstname.lastname@example.org ) for more information
College Small Groups
- Several options every weekday
- Contact FOCUS missionary Gabe McHaffie for details (Gabriel.Mchaffie@focus.org)
- Monday, April 1, 7:00-8:30 p.m. @Switchyard Brewery
- More information here
- Ronald Rolheiser, Wrestling with God: Finding Hope and Meaning in Our Daily Struggles to Be Human (New York: Image, 2018)
Contact campus missionary Alexandra Makris for more information! (Alexandra@hoosiercatholic.org)
- Mentoring at-risk kids (after-school mentoring): Weekdays, 3:30-5:30 p.m. & 4:30-6:30 p.m.
- Nursing Home Ministry: Mondays,1:30-3:30 p.m.; Tuesdays, 1:00-3:00 p.m. & 3:00-5:00 p.m.; Fridays, 3:00-5:00 p.m.
The US Council of Catholic Bishops offers answers to many common questions about Lent!